Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I get my iPhone 4s to "Trust" my computer again after I accicentally clicked "Don't Trust"?

When I plugged my iPhone 4s into my computer I got the prompt for "Do you trust this computer?", I accidentally clicked on "Don't Trust". I cannot seem to find where I can get it to "Trust" this computer again. I tried unplugging it from the computer, allowing the iPhone to lock so I would have to enter my pass code again, then re-plugging it into the computer and entering the pass code expecting it to ask me to trust the computer again; but it does not. Any help?

Thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 2:35 PM

In iTunes, open Preferences, Advanced tab, and click Reset Warnings. Then connect the phone again.

3 replies

Dec 2, 2015 2:34 PM in response to AlexJV1

Thank you @LawrenceFinch & @sberman, I think the problem is resolved. Part of the reason for my initial question is that after the above described incident I no longer saw the "Trust This Computer?" message (which I used to see all the time). I looked at the article that @sberman suggested and it said, "If you tap Don't Trust, you'll see this alert each time you connect your device to that computer".

This is the opposite of what I have been experiencing, plus my phone is syncing with iTunes when I plug it in; so I guess everything is OK. Thank you both for your replies and assistance!

how can I get my iPhone 4s to "Trust" my computer again after I accicentally clicked "Don't Trust"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.