Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting gmail account from ipad1

I just purchased a new iPad pro.

After setting up my gmail account i

wanted to give my wife the old iPad 3 (retina)

and have her email account on this machine.

i went to Mail Contacts Calendars

and hit the delete button

it is now 40 minutes later and the delete icon

is still moving. Does it normally take this long?

thnx

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 3:17 PM

blueskies51 wrote:

Does it normally take this long?

No.

I suggest the following:

• Reset the iPad. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
  • Do not only erase this email account from the old iPad. Instead, erase everything and set the iPad up as a new device with your wife's own Apple ID. To do this, do Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings.

If there is content you wish to share with your wife, then set up family sharing.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share purchased content with Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 3:17 PM in response to blueskies51

blueskies51 wrote:

Does it normally take this long?

No.

I suggest the following:

• Reset the iPad. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
  • Do not only erase this email account from the old iPad. Instead, erase everything and set the iPad up as a new device with your wife's own Apple ID. To do this, do Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings.

If there is content you wish to share with your wife, then set up family sharing.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share purchased content with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Deleting gmail account from ipad1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.