Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clink/Ping/**** Crystal Like Sound When I Tap the Screen

For the past 2 weeks or so, Ive noticed that my iPhone makes a ding that sounds like when you clink glasses together whenever I touch the screen.

The screen could be active or black. The phone could be off or on. It happens at any time of the day and I can command it to happen at will. Ive taken the phone case off to see if that could be the problem. Still makes the clink sound when I tap the screen. My phone isnt bent and the screen is not separating from the body of the phone.

I do have a glass screen protector on that has a stress fracture on the screen protector only no cracks in the iphone glass itsself.

I notice the crystal like sound can be commanded at will by moderately tapping the upper right hand of my screen. Anybody else have this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:07 PM

6 replies

May 17, 2016 6:51 AM in response to AmishCake

I discovered it was some kind of moveable part on the inside of my phone. I think something got knocked out of place when I dropped it. The ping/clink sound no longer occurs since removing my case and glass protector. Which by the way you do not need a screen protector Ive dropped my phone so many times on its face lol no scratches nothing good job Apple!

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

Clink/Ping/**** Crystal Like Sound When I Tap the Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.