Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting this message "The iPhone “iPhone” cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes." but both my iPhone 6s Plus and computer have the laters version of iTunes

Trying to sync my new iPhone 6s Plus to my computer to transfer the data from my old phone to my new phone but when I connect my new phone to the computer I get this message "The iPhone “iPhone” cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes." Both my iPhone 6s Plus and computer are update with the laters versions of iTunes. I've followed the instructions on the apple Support site and I still get the same message.

Please help.

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 6:50 PM

3 replies

Getting this message "The iPhone “iPhone” cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes." but both my iPhone 6s Plus and computer have the laters version of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.