Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud is causing connection issues.

I have dived into the other countless threads and most are people defending the product and in theory guessing how much files should transfer at what rate.

I am a technician for an ISP. Not a Comcast tech or some script monkey. We handle all sorts of issues and provide network help unlike most ISP. However this has been recently a big issue...

I am seeing a ton of reports of customers with iClouds having "spotty" connections to rendering their connection useless as no other device can stay on. This is purely an issue with iCloud. Of course when they go to the Apple "genius" bar and they say it's just the service.

Below shows a qos(Quality Of Service) report from a customer calling about bad connections. This shows how much bandwidth is flowing through the downstream and upstream channel(You know this as download and upload). As you see over where it says throughout that the customer is currently capping their upload speed from 2 Mbps. At this time we are obviously not able to ping the modem as ping request timeout and we get nothing but packet loss. Shutting down the device with iCloud on it or disabling iCloud relieves the upstream channel on the throughput and I am able to ping it just fine with iCloud not being in the picture.

Why I opened this thread: Too man fake and false allegations on what may be the issue. Customers all over the country suffer from this. The fix is not more bandwidth as we have people on 10 Mbps upload soaking all of that on iCloud. Other syncing software has options to stop this kind of throttling. Why not iCloud? Are they aware there is an issue?

User uploaded file

iCloud-OTHER, All OS's

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 3:51 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud is causing connection issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.