Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ASUS PB287Q low resolution with MBP with Retina late 2013 w/ Intel Iris 1536 MB video:

ASUS PB287Q low resolution with MBP with Retina late 2013 w/ Intel Iris 1536 MB video:

I recently installed this monitor using a Displayport to Displayport Mini/Thunderbolt cable. On the monitor, I switched from the default DP1.1 to DP1.2 setting. On my MBP, I went into display settings and have 3840 X 2160 (low resolution), 2560 X 1600 (low resolution) and other options - with almost all having "(low resolution)" to the right of the resolution setting. Also, the majority of resolutions are 30 hz. I ended up selecting 1080P for the interim.

I also connected the same monitor by HDMI cable - that gave 60 hz, but no matter what I do, this monitor just doesn't look very good. Let's leave it that ASUS telephone support is not so helpful...

For the combination of this monitor and a MacBook Pro with Retina late 2013, what should the optimum setting be and should I use the Displayport to Mini/Thunderbolt or HDMI method to connect? Very new to Macs... I am guessing that the (low resolution) indicator means that I am not configured correctly. If I am not configured correctly, what steps should I follow? Please help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Intel Iris 1536 MB

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 3:34 PM

There are no replies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.