Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused Beats Solo2 paired with iPhone 6

I have had this occur several times - and I can't figure out what is going on.

I have an iPhone 6 and a Beats Solo2 (bluetooth). Usually everything is just fine - but...

Sometimes when I push the center button to temporarily stop playing music the Solo2 gives off a sound like it is turning off/on. This is usually when I push the center button a bit longer then normal. After that iPhone acts as if it is paired with the Solo2 but the music no longer plays. Sometimes I can get it to come back by pushing and holding the center button. Sometimes I have to turn the Solo2 on and off... and most recently I needed to turn off the iPhone to them to link correctly again.

ANY CLUES? I would love to know what is happening - and how I might get it to not happen. I am not sure if this is an iPhone issue or a Solo2 issue.

Thanks!

Matthew

PS - everything is up to date per software/firmware

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:15 PM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Matthew Goeckner

It sounds as if you're confusing "paired" and "connected". When you turn the headset off (which is what that sound means), it is no longer connected to the phone and will not play music. It is, however, still paired. When you turn it back on, it will reconnect. Pressing and holding the center button, if I recall correctly, will turn the headset on and off.

Dec 2, 2015 8:05 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg

You are sort of correct in that I am using the words somewhat interchangeably - but that is not the issue. (Pairing is a one time thing.) Pushing the "B" button is just supposed to stop playing music - or say you want to answer the phone... The Solo2 manual does not say anything about the "B" button turning off the Solo2.

In this case both the iPhone and Solo2 are on. (The lights are on on the Solo2.) The iPhone is showing that they are connected - and the music app is showing that a song is playing. Finally, I can flip where the sound is supposed to come out between the two. However, no matter what I did, no sound came out of either of the headphones or the iPhone.

One thing that seemed to be different is that the volume bar in the music app appeared to be slightly grayed out. (That might be my imagination!)

I solved it by turning off both the Solo2 and the iPhone - but I want to understand why it took that and what mode I have put the system into.

Thanks!

Matthew

Confused Beats Solo2 paired with iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.