Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate photos on mac pro

I have a continuing problem. The photos on my Macbook Pro keep duplicating. I have 9.0.1 but the problem occurred with earlier versions. Why is this happening, how can I stop it happening again and again and thirdly, how can I delete the duplicates? I do not have my photos connected to iCloud and never have.

Many thanks indeed.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:25 PM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2015 4:39 PM in response to green pants

You photos in the Photos for Mac forum - I will request it be moved to the iPhoto for Mac forum

Where are you seeing these duplicates? In Events? In albums? In Photos?

When do they occur?

Generally duplicates are caused by importing the same photos multiple times often via PhotsStream and again via USB import and / or iTunes sync

Nothing in iPhoto can or will duplicate a photo - it is a workflow issue and until you provide detailed workflow steps we can not identify that

LN

Dec 1, 2015 5:17 PM in response to LarryHN

thanks for the reply. The app is called Photos. I am unclear about Photos versus iPhoto.

I am seeing them in Photos. or, If the sidebar is in view, then I click on photos and it comes up with Moments

No duplicates in albums

Do not have anything actually called events, but if you mean where photos are sorted according to dates, then that is where the problem is. The "date view" comes up when I click on photos. (Think I had an Events heading before I updated to Yosemite).

Do not use photo stream. Do copy selected photos from Mac to iPad.

OK, I shall keep a note of the workflow. In the meantime, can you tell me how to get rid of the duplicates please.

Again many thanks for your help.

Dec 1, 2015 7:44 PM in response to green pants

The app is called Photos.

Not is you are running OS X 10.7.5 and software version 9.0.1 (iPHoto '11) as you state

Photos is version 1.2 and only runs on OS X 10.10 &10.11

We can not see you so to help you it is critical that you give us correct relevant information

What OS are you running and what photo software? And exactly where are you seeing these duplicates

as to dealing with them until you clear up what you have that is impossible to answer - it will require third party software but depending on wha tyou really have it will be different

LN

duplicate photos on mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.