Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact does not sync from iMac to iPhone?

larrybobbaDec 1, 2015 8:07 PM

I added a new contact to the Contacts app on my iMac.

This new contact appears/syncs, as expected, to my iPad.

However, it does not sync to my iPhone..

I have checked my settings and power cycled, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 12:26 PM

What versions of iOS and OS X are in use by each device?

Are you syncing your contacts to iCloud? Are all devices using the same iCloud account?

4 replies

Dec 2, 2015 12:26 PM in response to larrybobba

Try signing out of iCloud on the iPhone and then reset, if prompted to keep or remove contacts choose to remove them. Then sign back in and let it re-sync to iCloud.

Also, if you happen to have two iCloud accounts on the iPhone, sign out of the 'primary' one and delete the 'secondary' one, then sign into the same iCloud account as used by the Mac and iPad -- don't add the second iCloud account until you see that contacts are syncing properly from the main account.

Dec 2, 2015 12:36 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

It's now working as expected. User uploaded file

The Contact I added on the iMac now appears on the iPhone. I did not need to sign out of my iCloud acc't on iPhone --the Contact just magically appeared on my iPhone.

Not sure what fixed it. I did leave my WiFi network for a few hours and then returned to it. I also dragged the Groups down on iPhone with my finger and then released it, intending to 'update' the Contacts list. (But I also did that prior to my original post and it did not fix the problem).

It's a bit of a puzzle but it's working now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Contact does not sync from iMac to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.