Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reoccuring problem of crash.

Hello, I seem to be having a reoccurring problem of system failure. I thought the problem was solved but it obviously is not. my system crashed whilst streaming from CTV online (I don't believe it is due to their system). While streaming and having a couple other programs running in the background my screen went black and i still had audio for a short time then nothing. After, when I rebooted, I never received access, the screen with the Apple logo appeared and the progress bar achieved just over half progress then the screen went to Apple's whitish gray screen and nothing else (no logo). I tried to do a system restore using COMMAND + R this didn't work the system wouldn't even make it to the Apple logo screen. I made a previous post here, (I'll add the link at the end of this) to sum that up though I thought it solved the problem as the system booted up after using COMMAND + SHIFT + R and than doing a system restore via Time Machine Back-Up. Then before I could even finish installing all the updates since my last back-up (I was streaming from CTV Online again (and obviously due to installing updates, programs were running in the background)) the exact same thing happened again. There has to be some underlining problem here. any idea what it could be? I am currently doing a system restore again but fear that it will also turn out to be to no avail. In case you don't feel like reading the link I'll add this; It was suggested the first time that I do a Disk Repair with Disk Utility after COMMAND + SHIFT + R but I did not do that the first time around. I instead opted out to just do a System Restore with Time Machine but when it happened the second time I did try the Disk Repair but was informed that there were no problems and proceeded to do a Time Machine System Restore again instead. I should note that I have solved a prior problem with this same Time Machine Back-Up without any problems and thusly do not think the Back-up being used is a contributing problematic factor. Not that I don't normally follow directions but I thought I could skip a step and just go to a restored version that I knew from experience worked, I was wrong. Please help and I wish you all a great day!

Here is the link;

Re: MacBook Pro crashed can't get to system restore.

Thank you for your time.

dofromon

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 7:47 PM

There are no replies.

Reoccuring problem of crash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.