Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2, Macbook Pro, Airplay problems

I've had problems with this setup since I got the Apple TV.

• Macbook Pro, 13", late 2011, 2.6 gz Intel, all software up to date.
  • Apple TV, model A1459, Apple TV Softwqre 7.2
  • All software is up to date. It happened with Yosemite, and now with El Capitan.
  • Even the menus in System Setup.
  • The dock/title bar sometimes are on hte Mac and soometimes the TV.
  • Sometimes the Apple TV remote changes the volume on my Mac!
  • Sometimes I get the error to turn on Home Sharing. Sometimes I can get it to work by re-running iTunes. Sometimes I only need to click the airplay icon on top. Sometimes I need to adjust settings in either Display/Sound settings or both.

I've reset the PRam, rebooted, and tried different sequences. I've reboot the TV, Apple TV, and the wireless router.

I've even turned off bluetooth on anything nearby.

How can I get audio and video on the Apple TV consistently and get them to stay?

Apple TV, Model a1469, software 7.2 (7512)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 7:39 PM

1 reply

Dec 13, 2015 9:48 AM in response to Jarmaracark

I called Apple, and they helped resolve this. Thought I'd put the answer on line in case others have it. One or two details may be missing here. There are apparently TWO Airplays--one for Audio and the other Video, but both show up as just Airplay. By turning Airplay on in iTunes, it conflicted with the Video Airplay. I went into iTunes, with the help of the technician (I wish I could recall her name to thank her), and changed the Airplay option. I can't say from what to what, as I can't find it again....perhaps it shows under certain circumstances.)

But this is an easy thing to change and change back again to see if it might take care of your problem, should you also have the same issue.

Apple TV 2, Macbook Pro, Airplay problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.