Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do now have the correct login information to activate my iPad. What else can I do?

I have tried every account in my family to activate my iPad (since you need the original owner) and none of them will work. The iPad is not registered under any of our accounts either, or under Find my iPhone. What else can you do?

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 5:17 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 5:19 PM in response to morgantripp

If someone in your family is the device's original owner, take the device and its original purchase receipt to a physical Apple Store.

If not, but you're able to contact the person who set the lock, send themthis linkand tell them to follow its instructions.

If neither of the above applies, you can't activate the device but may be able to get it refunded. Apple won't remove the lock for anyone other than the original owner(assuming they're alive.)

(136787)

I do now have the correct login information to activate my iPad. What else can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.