Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up multiple iPads with an iTunes podcast's episodes already downloaded

I need to setup about 200 iPads for my business. Each iPad is going to be used in a non wireless environment and needs to have about 10 pdfs, 5 videos and 4 audio episodes available. I thought of putting all the video/audio/pdfs into an iTunes podcast, so they are playable with the Podcasts app.

I was working with Apple Configurator today and made a backup of 1 iPad that had the iTunes podcast stream and all media downloaded to it. When I restored that backup to another iPad, I saw that while the iPad had the podcast stream in the Podcasts app, all the episodes needed to be downloaded manually. So that means going to each of the 200 iPads and syncing the podcast, which I want to avoid.

Is there anyway to backup and restore an iPad with the actual media files themselves? And because I need to do this to about 200 iPads, is there a more streamlined approach I should be using?

Thank you.

iPad, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 12:37 PM

You need to create a blueprint the includes a backup of your master ipad.

Read through this thread to avoid all the issues.

Apple Configurator 2 and restoring backups

3 replies

Setting up multiple iPads with an iTunes podcast's episodes already downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.