Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.1.3 Backups Not Saving Glitch?

I am recently having issues with the backup function in FCPX 10.1.3. Basically, the program is stuck in an infinite loop of trying to make a backup of my library, which causes the program itself to run slower. The dashboard is stuck on displaying an infinite loop from 0% to 100% (it essentially displays 0%, 100%, 0%, 100% over and over). When I open the background tasks, I can see that it is in fact attempting to make a backup, but seems to get stuck every time. No backups are being created in the designated backup folder, and I receive no errors about the folder not existing. FCPX just can't make any backups. Does anyone have an workarounds or ideas? This could be the final nail in the coffin for my use of FCPX. If I'm not able to save any backups, the software is pretty much useless. This has happened in a previous library before, and it caused a whole mess of trouble.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:20 PM

4 replies

FCPX 10.1.3 Backups Not Saving Glitch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.