Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hardwired connection to mac

would like to use the ethernet hardwired option to connect my mac to the internet. via my airport base station then my internet service provider's supplied modem. I have wifi turned off on the supplied modem. and use the airport for all my in home wifi needs.

thanks!

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 7:22 PM

5 replies

Dec 1, 2015 7:42 PM in response to tforshner

Assuming that your wireless devices are connecting OK, there are really no settings to adjust other than turning off wireless on the Mac.

Try another Ethernet cable.

Restart the AirPort router

Try another LAN <--> port on the AirPort router

Restart the Mac

If you are still having difficulty, try connecting another computer to the AirPort using an Ethernet connection. If that works, that tells you that the AirPort router is working correctly......and you have have a problem with the Ethernet port on the Mac.

If the other computer cannot connect to the AirPort using Ethernet, then the Ethernet switch on the AirPort may be acting up. That will require a trip to the Apple Store.....if you have one in your area.....or to an Apple Servicer to let them have a look at the AirPort router.

hardwired connection to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.