Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone still connected to old Apple ID! Help!!

I switched cellular companies this past weekend, so I had to get a new phone. I have the 6s. Verizon requires you to send in your old iPhone wiped back to factory settings, but I can't do this until I turn off Find My iPhone. But when I go to turn it off, it wants the password for a previous email address I used for my Apple ID. I changed this email address a few months ago because it wasn't my primary address anymore. Everything else updated smoothly except for Find My iPhone. It still appears connected to my old email address. And i can't sign out because no password seems to work. When I try to sign in with that old email, it says Apple doesn't recognize that ID.

Please help! I only have a week to mail in my old phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:02 PM

6 replies

Dec 1, 2015 8:15 PM in response to mb_stella

You need to follow these instructions to get your old ID signed out of iCloud:

1. Go to Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your current ID and password. EDIT the Apple ID back to the old email address. This is temporary. Do NOT verify it, do NOT change the password: Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud, scroll down to the bottom and Sign Out the iCloud account. Type in your current Apple ID password when prompted

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID, sign in with the old ID and the current password, and EDIT the Apple ID back to the current email address. You may have to verify it again

Cheers,

GB

Find my iPhone still connected to old Apple ID! Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.