Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my Iphone Still Connected After being Removed

Just purchased a phone from someone used... It came and I went to activate it but it said it was still connected to the guys find my iPhone. I contacted him and he removed it from his find my iPhone... It's still saying I need to sign in with the original Apple ID that was used to set the phone up... It's saying it needs an email that is (C*****@yahoo.com) I talked to the guy on the phone and he never had or has a yahoo email account. He bought the phone new and set it up at the verizon store with his apple ID and password... I've put the phone into recovery mode and tried restoring it.. updating it. It's still showing up with the issue. Any ideas for what to do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:38 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2015 7:20 AM in response to EYDesigns

Hello EYDesigns,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you need to completely remove your iPhone from the previous owners Apple ID. You are in much better shape than a lot of users with this issue, in that you are able to contact the previous owner and he is responsive. It sounds like you need to erase the device, look at the section "If the device isn't erased" in the following article.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Best regards.

Find my Iphone Still Connected After being Removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.