Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes U keeps downloading - using up all my mobile data

Hi, I tried most of the tricks I have read on Forums so far - unsubscribing, stopping auto downloads, stopping sync, deleting app - but nothing works! Even when I deleted the app, stuff still keeps getting downloaded; I know this because my disc space runs out. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 11:00 AM

If you have deleted iTunes U from your iPhone, there is no code available to download "stuff". Something else is filling up your iPhone storage. To find out what, launch Settings, then navigate to General > Storage & iCloud Usage > {Storage} Manage Storage. A list of apps will be presented, sorted by how much space each app and its associated data are consuming.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2015 11:00 AM in response to gordonyeo87

If you have deleted iTunes U from your iPhone, there is no code available to download "stuff". Something else is filling up your iPhone storage. To find out what, launch Settings, then navigate to General > Storage & iCloud Usage > {Storage} Manage Storage. A list of apps will be presented, sorted by how much space each app and its associated data are consuming.

Dec 11, 2015 11:57 PM in response to gordonyeo87

I have this problem too and it is driving me crazy. I even updated OS last night and it still is happening. I have deleted from in the app and from the usage setting under general settings. They just keep reappearing. And of course I have used ITunes U alot so it is filling 60 gigs with anything I have ever downloaded in Itunes U. It didn't' do this before. I haven't used in probably close to a year. I am downloading yet another update for OS to 9.2 but I am not very optimistic.

Dec 21, 2015 7:22 PM in response to patixa

User uploaded file

Look at this screenshot here i have not enrolled in any course.

User uploaded file

Now see the battery statistics for the past 7 days it says 1 min on screen.

Sure something is wrong in the background.

It is indeed downloading something once in a while if i connect the phone to desktop it shows the downloaded video under podcast.

and sometimes it gives a prompt on the phone that the video failed to download.

All this is originaly started by this

" well i had subscribed to few courses on the itunesu application. Had queued 20-30 videos of those lectures for downloads. Suddenly realised the video were 800mb approx. This high data traffic cannot be afforded in country like india so i deleted the courses (PS but not the downloading lectures). Now all my wifi is still downloading the videos. Sometimes i get failed video download. I tried deleting the application but the problem is still there. Video downloaded shows under podcasts on the itues application. i have to delete from there frequently.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1 "

Itunes U keeps downloading - using up all my mobile data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.