Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6S restore stuck on slide to update

I got my new iPhone 6S today and was all ready to start playing with it. I finished the basic setup but it would not allow me to use an old backup because the software was out of date. So, I set it up as a "New Phone". Then I updated the software - so far so good - everything worked fine.

Next I tried to find a way to put my backup from my old phone onto my new phone. During this process I ended up restoring the phone. Somewhere during the restore process it got caught in a loop and now my phone is always asking to be connected to itunes where it says I must restore my phone. Once I start the restore process it gets stuck on the "slide to update" screen (with the apple logo) and Unknown Error (14) appears on my computer.

So the whole process went like this:

1. Basic setup - ok

2. Update - ok

3. Restore - Error: continues loop between connecting to iTunes and freezing on the Slider to Update

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. The closest Apple store is 2 hours away so I'd much prefer to find a solution without traveling that far.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 11:58 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2015 12:58 AM in response to tala713

Error 14 refers to hardware issue.

Info from support article:

Check for hardware issues

Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 56, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

Take a look at this article.

If the Slide to Upgrade screen won't go away after you update to iOS 9 - Apple Support

If this doesn't help, try the steps below.

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your device. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your device needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

iphone 6S restore stuck on slide to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.