Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Izotope Ozone plugin disappeared from FCPX

Izotope Ozone 6 is still on my computer, and I can run it as a standalone, but it's no longer available in my Effects. How do I re-install it? I don't remember having to do anything a year ago when I bought it; FCPX just recognized it and let me use it as a plugin. It was there a couple of months ago. What happened?

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 1:10 AM

If you upgraded to OSX 10.11.0 (first release of El Capitan) then there was a problem with auvaltool and some 3rd party AUs didn't validate. It's been fixed in 10.11.1, but for FCPX, there's another step you need to take.

In your User folder > Library > Preferences, find com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist and trash it. Restart FCPX. FCPX should rebuild this AU list and your AUs should pass verification.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2015 1:10 AM in response to FrankSD

If you upgraded to OSX 10.11.0 (first release of El Capitan) then there was a problem with auvaltool and some 3rd party AUs didn't validate. It's been fixed in 10.11.1, but for FCPX, there's another step you need to take.

In your User folder > Library > Preferences, find com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist and trash it. Restart FCPX. FCPX should rebuild this AU list and your AUs should pass verification.

Izotope Ozone plugin disappeared from FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.