Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 9 arabic text alignment problem

after updating to Safari 9 (Version 9.0 (10601.1.56.2)) I found that in our website, Arabic text alignment is not correct. and that happens frequently. Did anyone face same problem with Safari 9 Arabic text? how can I solve it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.0.1, Safari 9

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:34 PM

14 replies

Dec 2, 2015 9:32 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Steps to reproduce the error:

1- Open: www.alrayyanmagazine.qa/pages/alhan.aspx from Safari 9 browser

2- refresh the page many times and note Arabic text alignment as below ( it is Randomly happens)

User uploaded file

Dec 3, 2015 5:36 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Sure I tried with all other browsers.. it never happens, even safari 8 works fine.. and all resources are downloaded from the server side

Jan 22, 2016 10:12 AM in response to Community User

HI AnTiiiKa

Unfortunately this bug is also happening in Apple Mail on Mac OS from 10,11.0 up to 10.11.3 and it is very frustrating. Did you report it as bug to Apple. If so please provide me with the bug report link so may be me and my colleagues can push Apple to fix it.

It seems there is a serious bug in underlying text layout engine of El Capitan.

Jan 22, 2016 3:30 PM in response to Hayoola

I've reported this to Apple via bug reporter (23703152) and another one (22908924) ; the response was:

Apple Developer Relations12-Jan-2016 10:35 AM Thank you for contacting us. At this time, there isn't any new information available for this issue. I have checked with engineering. The issue is still under investigation, and there is no resolution available yet. If your report was closed as a duplicate, please note that you will not be able to directly view the original report in order to keep its information confidential. We will do our best to keep you informed as new information becomes available. Please check release notes regularly for changes affecting this issue.

Safari 9 arabic text alignment problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.