Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5 screen has multicoloured lines (horizontal and veritical) on it and i cant see anything but i know it still works because i can hear the noise of the passcode buttons. what can i do to fix it?

my iPhone 5 is a almost a year old and sometimes odd colours appear on the screen but they'd always go away, but now there are multi coloured lines both horizontal and vertical and I cant see anything. I know it still work because when I swipe and randomly click I can hear the passcode button and it 'bleeps' when I purposely get the passcode wrong. I don't think I can afford to replace the screen so is there anything else I could do?

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 10:52 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2015 8:34 AM in response to jasinghe007

Good day jasinghe007,

I see you are a new user here in Apple Support Communities - welcome! I hope we find you contributing often in the future.

I know it would bother me if my iPhone had lines on the screen making it impossible to use normally. Let's see if we can get you back on the road to enjoying your iPhone.

If you are seeing lines on the screen of your iPhone, use the steps in this article to troubleshoot - Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Specifically this section -

If you see lines, missing sections, discoloration, or poor image quality

1. Try to restart your device. If you can't restart, force restart your device.
  2. If this doesn't work, restore your device.
  3. If you still see the issue after you restore, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

my iphone 5 screen has multicoloured lines (horizontal and veritical) on it and i cant see anything but i know it still works because i can hear the noise of the passcode buttons. what can i do to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.