Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video won't play

I recently bought an iPhone 6s plus, but the videos in my camera roll won't play. The loading symbol appears but they never start. Restarting phone didn't help. Any other suggestions??

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 3:00 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 3:38 PM in response to Saphers

I have this same problem: the most recent videos do play and immediately. From February 24, 2016 backwards, none of them play correctly; they all have the buffering wheel (not the beachball) and just sit and spin. I am thinking it has something to do with iCloud and /or "optimization." I don't think it is a coincidence that all of the most recent ones play and beyond a certain date they do not play. I also backed my phone up to iCloud in the last few days, so that may have something to do with it.

UPDATE: I tried to go into edit mode on the videos. The ones that play correctly go right into edit mode. The ones that won't play show: "Downloading video," so the video is actually coming from iCloud and has apparently been moved off the phone. To edit it, the phone has to download the entire video and that is why I see the buffering wheel.

Video won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.