Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when my credit card expired my icloud accout was downgraded within 24 hrs how come no grace period

I received an email telling me my credit card had expired and if apple could not receive payment my icloud account would be downgraded to the free account. As soon as I read the email I went and renewed my card detail and found that my account had been downgraded to the free account. I find this pretty heavy handed for 1.29 a month!! How about sending a reminder a week BEFORE the card expires? Pretty simple really.. I do realize we are responsible for upgrading our info but sometimes it gets overlooked. Even a weeks grace period after the email from apple is sent would be the polite way to do things. Has anyone else gone through this? Cheers

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 2:02 PM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 7:51 PM in response to JBfromNS

I Too have had this happen. I got the email in the morning and then about 12 hours later I get an email saying all my storage was used up etc. I don't understand why there is not a one day notice or something like that. It seems crazy to send the email telling me there is a problem then cancelling it so quickly. I was not able to renew it during the day while at work then forgot until I saw the email this evening.

I Just don't understand the point of the first email if there is a timer that starts right away ticking down.

when my credit card expired my icloud accout was downgraded within 24 hrs how come no grace period

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.