Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my itunes wishlist suddenly disappear?

As I was reviewing some of the albums in my itunes wish list. It suddenly disappeared. I tried

restarting the computer but no luck. I am getting an "you have added no music to your wish list"

message.

Any ideas?

iMac (24-inch Early 2009)

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 5:04 PM

8 replies

Dec 3, 2015 4:49 PM in response to Oh please!

So I contacted iTunes help this morning:

My request:

iTunes music wish list disappeared. I purchased some songs last night and was going to purchase more this morning; however, my wish list of 40 - 50 songs disappeared on me. Can you please get a backup of my account from the past week and send me the list that disappeared? I appreciate your help. Or if I can fix it somehow let me know; however, I couldn't find anything online.

Apple's response (blah, blah, blah) (stating we don't care nor will we help you):

Hi Anthony, Thanks for contacting us. I understand that your iTunes Wish List has been disappeared. I can imagine that you’re anxious to resolve this issue. I’ll be working with you to resolve this issue for you.

Anthony, I’d like to inform you that, to have your iTunes Wish List you’ll need to rebuild your Wish List and add items to it.

To add items to your Wish List, please follow the steps given below:

On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch:

1. Tap iTunes Store or App Store.
2. Locate an item you want.
3. Tap the Share icon.
4. Tap Add to Wish List.

On Mac and PC

1. Open iTunes and go to the iTunes Store.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID, if you aren't signed in already.
3. Locate an item you want, then click on the item to be taken to the item's page.
4. Click the arrow to the right of the Buy button (under the image), then select "Add to Wish List."

If there is any further assistance I can offer you for this issue, please feel free to reply to this email. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks,

Hyder
iTunes Store Customer Support

Dec 3, 2015 5:50 PM in response to dirtyshirtmil

Same issue for me too! I had over 1000 albums, singles and EP's in my Wish List for near future purchasing for my DJing and personal listening. Last I checked was earlier today on my iPhone and the entire list was still there and now it has vanished!

This is clearly a huge error on Apple's behalf and hopefuly (I am hoping) that this can be rectified and the list can return. Hopefully our Wish Lists are backed up on Apple's server! - In future I think our Wish Lists should also be synced to our computers/iCloud accounts incase of huge errors like this.

Why did my itunes wishlist suddenly disappear?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.