Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit invite not working

I have a Hue Homekit Bridge. I sent out invite to the rest of my family. 2 got the invites and accepted without an issue. Two others (Iphone 6 with ios 9.x and Ipad Mini) are not getting the invites. I had them reset their homekit data and deleted and recreated the invites, still nothing. Any ideas?

homekit-OTHER, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 7:54 PM

11 replies

Dec 14, 2017 8:32 AM in response to cjacedillo

Same issues everyone else is having.... have tried everything but nothing works.

Did see a post that this was a known bug and that a fix was coming out from Apple. Received an update on my phone this morning hoping this was the magic fix but still not working after update.

The only thing I have not tried is changing the @me.com... @icloud.com which I am not using. Perhaps I am not understanding the fix but it sounds like change all of your iCloud to a different email address??? If so, "#*&^" that.... I have too many emails floating around and am not about to start switching things over just to make this work... Am I misunderstanding something?

Aug 31, 2016 11:21 AM in response to Chanan Braunstein

Did you end up resolving this? I found another thread that had a suggestion that worked for me! It is using their email address with "@icloud.com" that did it. I was using the me.com address. Here is what they said "The solution that worked for me is this: Make a working installation on one device (in my case a iPhone6 and set it all up including enabling siri voice commands in the Hue app). Next, in installation>homekit on this 'master' device, sent an invite to the other user on his @icloud.com address, this one is important, do not use the @me.com address. For some reason it only works with the @icloud.com address. Then the other user is also able to execute siri voice commands to the Hue. Works flawlessly."

Homekit invite not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.