Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio delay with dolby surround

I'm using the new Apple TV, 64GB version. When the audio is set to Auto or Dolby Surround, there is a delay of around 3 seconds when starting any streaming video. This happens either on start or when coming out of pause. This does not happen if I change the audio setting to Stereo. The Apple TV is connected to the TV (Sharp Aquos) through HDMI, the TV to a Sonos Soundbar through optical. I do not have this issue with other Dolby Digital equipment (Xbox). Anyone else having this issue or figured out how to solve it?

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 9.0.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 10:36 PM

5 replies

May 6, 2016 8:32 AM in response to Cookie5000

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I have been putting up with the start of stream audio delay. What's annoying is that this didn't happen with my 3rd gen ATV and the only thing that has changed is upgrading to the new ATV. I tried messing with the settings last night, changing to Best Quality Audio (or something like that) problem is purchased movies and netflix only stayed at Stereo output...not Dolby Digital.

Bummer, kind of, sometimes have to rewind a bit when resuming a stream.

Audio delay with dolby surround

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.