Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you tell a genuine iPhone 6 screen?

I have been told by the apple store I bought my phone from just 2 months ago the the cracked screen in it is a third party screen. I know it has not been replaced so how can I prove this is a genuine apple screen?

iPhone 6

Posted on Dec 3, 2015 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2015 2:41 AM

There's no software method to finding out if your screen is genuine OEM Apple screen that I know of, the only way you can tell for sure is to take the screen off of the phone and follow these steps as shown in the link below. Obviously this would void your warranty since you are servicing your own phone, however your warranty has probably already been void if Apple told you that you have a 3rd party screen, which already voided the warranty.

See this link below for tips on identifying a 3rd party screen vs a legitimate OEM apple screen. The easiest way to tell is if the screen has an apple logo on the flex cable.

http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/5-tips-to-tell-oem-and-copy-lcd-of-iphone-6/

Hope this helped!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2015 2:41 AM in response to clivegbox

There's no software method to finding out if your screen is genuine OEM Apple screen that I know of, the only way you can tell for sure is to take the screen off of the phone and follow these steps as shown in the link below. Obviously this would void your warranty since you are servicing your own phone, however your warranty has probably already been void if Apple told you that you have a 3rd party screen, which already voided the warranty.

See this link below for tips on identifying a 3rd party screen vs a legitimate OEM apple screen. The easiest way to tell is if the screen has an apple logo on the flex cable.

http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/5-tips-to-tell-oem-and-copy-lcd-of-iphone-6/

Hope this helped!

Dec 3, 2015 2:23 PM in response to KiltedTim

I bought the phone at the apple store in Bristol. Touch id was working fine. Their reason for it being a third party display is that it has a QR code sticker on the rear of screen, which they say never appears on a genuine apple screen. But if it is not a genuine apple screen it is what was sold to me two months previous by the very same store.

How do you tell a genuine iPhone 6 screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.