Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus 64 GB touch screen cracked without dropping

I just got my brandnew iPhone last Thursday. But 4 days later, when I was trying to turn off morning phone alarm, suddenly I found the touch screen where around the home bottom had cracked by itself. I put it on sofa, no any dropping, and l'm very sure it was looked all great as usual earlier before the alarm started. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1, Spontaneous crack on touch screen

Posted on Dec 4, 2015 10:48 AM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Rebecca Liu

Visit an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider next to your place and let them examine the phone. Maybe they can figure out what caused the damage.

But you might have to pay for a new screen.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Screen repair service pricing

Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage. Apple will run a diagnostic test to determine whether your iPhone has experienced additional damage. If it has, or if it needs other repairs, you may need to pay an out-of-warranty service fee. Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.

Model Screen repair cost
iPhone 6 $109
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $129
iPhone 6s Plus $149

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

iPhone 6s Plus 64 GB touch screen cracked without dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.