Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus battery drain - ios 9.1

Hello to everyone, I hope you're having a good day.

I am experiencing massive battery drain on my iphone 6 plus with ios 9.1.

Let me share some examples of what I meen massive drain.

1) When I go to sleep at night I normaly have 5 alarms turned on and because I charge my iphone before I go to sleep when it's all ready 100% I unplugged it of course, so after a normal 8 hours sleep the battery usually drops to 96 or 93% in some cases.

2)Every time I listen to my music it loses 1% for every single song

3) When connected to Wifi and I'm not using at all it loses 1% almost per hour.

4) When connected to Wifi and I am using it, it loses 5% almost per hour.

I can actually even see it losing 1% of battery while I'm typing a text and I have this iphone for just 5 months.

My point is that it used to hold 2 days with a charge and now it went to lasting 7 hours.

I really have tried everything that I've read here or in articles, I have disabled the settings (such as location services etc) that are said to consume battery resulting to battery drain,I have less apps, i actually deleted everything, disabled background refresh and limited the access that apps have in my location, even disabled find my iphone and signed out of i cloud.

I restored my iphone from an iCloud backup, nothing changed. Now, I've set it up as a new device and nothing changed.

I want to know if anyone's expiriencing the same problem as me and what did they do to about it? (that I haven't already done 😝)

Maybe it is a problem of the ios9.1??

I don't know, that's why I decided to discuss it here before I take my iphone to a store.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2015 6:23 AM

1 reply

Dec 6, 2015 2:22 PM in response to giorgospaps

Hi giorgospaps,

It sounds like you have done all of the basic troubleshooting below for your iPhone battery. The next step would be to have an Apple Genius in a retail store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider physically inspect your iPhone battery and let you know what they find.

Charge your iPhone and iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201569

iPhone Repair - Battery & Power
https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/battery-power/

Battery & Power

Does your iPhone battery drain too quickly? Try restarting it first. You can also learn tips to extend the battery life of your iPhone. Are you having trouble getting your iPhone to power on? First, make sure you've given your iPhone's battery enough time to charge.

Get repairs for battery and power issues

User uploaded file

Send in for repair. Start a service request online or by calling Apple Support and we'll send a box right away to collect your iPhone. You can then arrange to ship it to an Apple Repair Center at your convenience. We'll deliver your iPhone back to you in 3-5 business days.

User uploaded file

Bring in to an Apple Store or one of our many Apple authorized service locations. We'll try to fix your iPhone during your appointment. In more complex cases, we might need to send it to an Apple Repair Center. If we do, your iPhone will be ready for pickup in 3-5 business days. If your iPhone is under warranty, many of our locations can offer you a loaner while your iPhone is being repaired.

Your data is important. Be sure to back up your iPhone before you get service.

iPhone battery and power repair costs

Repair pricing depends on the diagnosis and your coverage under warranty or AppleCare+. Other power issues require further testing before we can give pricing.

If you're covered under warranty or AppleCare+, we'll replace your battery at no charge if it retains less than 80 percent of its original capacity. Not sure if you’re covered? Check if you have AppleCare+ by entering your iPhone serial number.

Limited warranty or AppleCare+

Out-of-warranty

Battery replacement (all models)

$ 0

$ 79

Take care,

Iphone 6 plus battery drain - ios 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.