Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Error - iTunes cannot connect to Store Purchases - If you have any firewall software, make sure it has been set to allow communication on port 443.

My itunes has been fine. All of a sudden today it's now giving me this error: Itunes Error - iTunes cannot connect to Store Purchases - If you have any firewall software, make sure it has been set to allow communication on port 443.

I don't have my firewall turned on. I logged out of itunes, quit itunes, logged back in - still a problem.

Was there an update and this is now a bug? HELP!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 5, 2015 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2015 2:25 PM

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

If you have an account on Pastebin, please don't select Private from the Paste Exposure menu on the page, because then no one but you will be able to see it.

212 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2015 2:25 PM in response to CCAPPL

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

If you have an account on Pastebin, please don't select Private from the Paste Exposure menu on the page, because then no one but you will be able to see it.

Dec 5, 2015 3:42 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc! Thanks for your help.

I did as requested and also searched "itunes" in the log files to narrow and avoid all the extra extemporaneous log detail. Hopefully this will work for you. I should also mention I use Itunes Match. I've been downloading quite a few songs lately as well as ripping CDs to my library. I have had no trouble until today. I am running the latest versions of OSX and all software. Everything is updated and I am on a 2013 Macbook Pro Retina. I didn't see any info in the log specific to my account so hopefully I didn't miss something I needed to scrub. I also noticed today that searching by artist for a few artists that I know I have music for, nothing came up at all in the search. It's like they disappeared. So odd. I also see that many of my apps are stuck in update mode on my ipad. Not sure if there is a connection. I'm no expert but none of this looks like good news:

12/5/15 4:32:15.293 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.BKAgentService.7125) Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.iT unesLibraryService.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BookKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com. apple.BKAgentService.xpc

12/5/15 4:32:15.294 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.BKAgentService.7125) Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.iT unesLibraryService.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BookKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com. apple.BKAgentService.xpc

12/5/15 4:32:15.333 PM iTunes[294]: ApplePushService: APSConnection being used without a delegate queue

12/5/15 4:32:49.011 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.MediaLibraryService.7127) Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.iT unesLibraryService.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/MediaLibrary.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.ap ple.MediaLibraryService.xpc

12/5/15 4:32:49.013 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.MediaLibraryService.7127) Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.iT unesLibraryService.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /System/Library/Frameworks/MediaLibrary.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.ap ple.MediaLibraryService.xpc

12/5/15 4:33:00.782 PM iTunes[294]: Entered:_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:1

12/5/15 4:33:00.782 PM iTunes[294]: Entered:__thr_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:1

12/5/15 4:33:00.782 PM iTunes[294]: tid:51d0f - Mux ID not found in mapping dictionary

12/5/15 4:33:00.782 PM iTunes[294]: tid:51d0f - Can't handle disconnect with invalid ecid

Dec 5, 2015 4:41 PM in response to CCAPPL

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It’s unlikely to solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.

The purpose of the test is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party software that loads automatically at startup or login, by a peripheral device, by a font conflict, or by corruption of the file system or of certain system caches.

Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards, if applicable. Start up in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to start up and run than normal, with limited graphics performance, and some things won’t work at all, including sound output and Wi-Fi on certain models. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually login automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

Test while in safe mode. There will be no sound output, but you should be able to use the iTunes Store. Same problem?

After testing, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of the test.

Dec 5, 2015 4:31 PM in response to Linc Davis

So totally bizarre. I've been getting that error all day and tried everything. When you sent this last reply, I unplugged my USB 3.0 hub that I've been using for the last few days--even though it had created no issues before--restarted, closed and re-opened itunes and all seems to be fine now. No more error. Super bizarre. I guess the problem is solved for the moment.

Dec 6, 2015 7:40 AM in response to CCAPPL

I wonder if that really fixed your problem. I started getting that same message and I don't have anything that is USB 3.0. In fact, I've not made any changes to my hardware or installed anything of significance (if anything at all), the error message just started happening for no apparent reason at all. I just chalked it up to the usual iTunes flakiness that's seems to be the norm now.

Dec 6, 2015 12:18 PM in response to CCAPPL

Same problem. Zero peripherals. Zero added software. All my software is up to date. Using a 2014-vintage iMac. I use iTunes Match and it just renewed my subscription the other day.

To add, yesterday I also got a warning from my Time Machine that it needed to reset and rebuild all backups. It rebuilt overnight.

Wonder if this is something on the Apple/server end?

Dec 6, 2015 5:25 PM in response to CCAPPL

I have been having this same issue for about two days now; I have no USB devices attached to my machine. I get this error from iTunes every few hours. The last time it occurred I grabbed the following messages from the console log:

12/6/15 8:17:42.931 PM iTunes[485]: Entered:_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:15

12/6/15 8:17:42.931 PM iTunes[485]: Entered:__thr_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:15

12/6/15 8:17:42.932 PM iTunes[485]: tid:4f8bb - Mux ID not found in mapping dictionary

12/6/15 8:17:42.932 PM iTunes[485]: _receive_message (thread 0x700000ad0000): Could not securely receive message size: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL (Early EOF reached)

12/6/15 8:17:42.932 PM iTunes[485]: tid:4f8bb - Can't handle disconnect with invalid ecid

12/6/15 8:17:42.932 PM iTunes[485]: AMDeviceStopSession (thread 0x700000ad0000): Could not stop session with device 15: kAMDDeviceDisconnectedError

As I said, there were no devices connected at the time.

Itunes Error - iTunes cannot connect to Store Purchases - If you have any firewall software, make sure it has been set to allow communication on port 443.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.