Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Apple doing to fix problem of emails whose bodies are being removed and a note appears saying this message has not been downloaded from server? This is also showing up when a message is put in trash.

What is Apple doing to fix the problem where the body of emails is disappearing and there is a note saying the email was not downloaded from the server? This is also showing up on messages which are put in trash. I have a pop.earthlink account and understand it is affecting pop accounts. The problem started after I downloaded IOS 9 and is getting much worse. Messages received yesterday are now disappearing, yet some messages I received early November before downloading the new software are still there and are fine.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2015 4:41 PM

9 replies

Dec 12, 2015 10:21 AM in response to bonniethecat

Hi Bonnie,

This is a user to user forum, thus anything Apple is doing to resolve a problem is not something you will find any info about here.

The iOS is not a Classic operating system. I've requested your post be moved to the iPad forum.

POP accounts typically are client based (as opposed to server based), and stored on your device. If your device is running low on space, the settings for the e-mail may restrict downloads to your device, thus leading to the message in question. This is especially true of any messages that come with attachments or are preformatted with HTML. Ask your contacts to resend messages as plain text.

Jan 30, 2016 12:53 PM in response to NHITGeek

This is not solved in 9.2. i'm using a 6s plus with roughly 79 GB of free storage. and even with switching pop to imap (thanks for telling me Apple and Earthlink) it became worse with every prior message now reading no content. in addition, when i go to setting for mail. every email account including icloud email is appearing in triplicate. ugg

What is Apple doing to fix problem of emails whose bodies are being removed and a note appears saying this message has not been downloaded from server? This is also showing up when a message is put in trash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.