Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iTunes to promote my podcast?

How can I get Apple to promote my podcast with a banner (like the one below) on the Home page of the Podcast section in iTunes?

User uploaded file

Why should they?

Well, my podcast (link below) has been listed in iTunes for six years.

http://smallbusinessbigmarketing.com/

I'm close to 300 episodes and have exceeded 1,000,000 downloads.

All that time it's been listed in the iTunes store - and consistently ranks in the Top 5 Business / Marketing podcasts in Australia.

It's also constantly in the What's Hot section (that's me to the left of Amy):

User uploaded file

What have I got to do? Any tips or introductions to the powers-that-be are welcome 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 1:59 AM

This decision is entirely up to the iTunes Store staff and there is nothing you can do to influence it other than following their guidelines. I quote:

Featuring in the Podcasts app for iOS and in the iTunes Store

Apple periodically features podcasts in the iTunes Store that have compelling, new, or unusual content. The following elements can give your podcast a chance of being featured:

• – Attractive, original cover art that does not include Apple-branded content. Include a 1400 x 1400-pixel JPEG or PNG file in the RGB color space for your cover art to be eligible for promotion.
  • – A robust and accurate description for the podcast and all related episodes
  • – A clear and complete author listing
  • – Proper tags regarding language, category, and explicit language or content
  • – New episodes being posted regularly

The cover art, and all other podcast elements must be original and cannot contain any of the following:

• – Pixelation, artifacts, high-contrast background art, blurry or hard crops (unless stylistic), or other style issues
  • – References to illegal drugs, profanity, or violence in the title, description, or cover art
  • – Images or language that could be construed as racist, misogynist, or homophobic
  • – Images depicting sex, violence, gore, illegal drugs, or hate themes
  • – Third-party trademarks without authorization or usage rights
  • – The words “iTunes Store,” “iTunes,” or “Apple Inc.”
  • – iTunes Store logo, Apple logo, or the term “Exclusive” without prior authorization from Apple
  • – Any visual representation of iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or any other Apple hardware

Note that even with the above elements, promotion is not guaranteed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2015 1:59 AM in response to The Ideas Guy

This decision is entirely up to the iTunes Store staff and there is nothing you can do to influence it other than following their guidelines. I quote:

Featuring in the Podcasts app for iOS and in the iTunes Store

Apple periodically features podcasts in the iTunes Store that have compelling, new, or unusual content. The following elements can give your podcast a chance of being featured:

• – Attractive, original cover art that does not include Apple-branded content. Include a 1400 x 1400-pixel JPEG or PNG file in the RGB color space for your cover art to be eligible for promotion.
  • – A robust and accurate description for the podcast and all related episodes
  • – A clear and complete author listing
  • – Proper tags regarding language, category, and explicit language or content
  • – New episodes being posted regularly

The cover art, and all other podcast elements must be original and cannot contain any of the following:

• – Pixelation, artifacts, high-contrast background art, blurry or hard crops (unless stylistic), or other style issues
  • – References to illegal drugs, profanity, or violence in the title, description, or cover art
  • – Images or language that could be construed as racist, misogynist, or homophobic
  • – Images depicting sex, violence, gore, illegal drugs, or hate themes
  • – Third-party trademarks without authorization or usage rights
  • – The words “iTunes Store,” “iTunes,” or “Apple Inc.”
  • – iTunes Store logo, Apple logo, or the term “Exclusive” without prior authorization from Apple
  • – Any visual representation of iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or any other Apple hardware

Note that even with the above elements, promotion is not guaranteed.

How do I get iTunes to promote my podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.