Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP clj2600n driver

I have an HP color Laser Jet 2600n printer. I downloaded the driver from HP.com and got an installer. Old school, says that it installed, but the printer is not available in the print menu.

I have the same printer available to my laptop, works fine. BUT, the laptop is a MacBook Pro running 10.7.5. This Mac is a G5 running 10.5. If I can get just the driver I know where to put it. Any ideas?

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), G5 dual processor, audio editor

Posted on Dec 5, 2015 11:29 PM

5 replies

Dec 6, 2015 7:14 PM in response to BDAqua

I think I have a clue now. The G5 was bought second hand. The original user is still there. The Printer preferences can only be changed by that user, as he is the only one who is a member of some group. When I try to add a printer it tells me that a member of group xxxx must log in to do it.

I changed his password and will try tomorrow, logged in as him.

Dec 8, 2015 5:54 PM in response to BDAqua

OK, I did need to login as the former user, but I found the right printer in the list. The real problem was a failing gateway/hub. Replaced that today.

Best thing is that the former owner has a lot of cool graphics software. Guess I'll need to switch users to run his apps. No big deal, a lot easier than restarting with different extension sets.

Thanks

HP clj2600n driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.