Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you correct skew or perspective with Photos?

Within Photos I crop, and at the same time correct tilt or un-level horizon line. I'm also looking to correct for what is variously called skew, perspective or keystone effect when photographing 2-dimensional subjects with an iphone-- in my case, artwork in progress on a tilted easel. I'm using a Macbook Pro and don't really want to do the skew correction on the phone, but when I import the photo to my Macbook.

If this capability doesn't exist within Photos, and won't exist for a while, is there a recommended solution for this one editing issue that won't entail a ton of exporting and re-importing to Photos? And-- it seems silly to buy something like Photoshop for what seems to be a pretty simple correction (no layers or other sophisticated manipulation needed).

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 6:54 AM

15 replies

Feb 1, 2016 8:09 AM in response to léonie

I was able to correct it in iPhoto with the keystone tool while cropping.

I was also able to do it with the rudimentary editing tools in iWeb.

After a little research I discovered there is a way to do it in Photos currently, but it is a $10 app extension for purchase in the app store called "Perspectives Photos Extension". The app has not been reviewed or rated yet, so I am hesitant to drop $10. I may just export the photos to my old G5 iMac and use the tools I know can do it for free.

Feb 1, 2016 8:56 AM in response to Jeremy Dunham

Have you used Photoshop as an external editor in iPhoto? That is how I corrected the keystone effect in in iPhoto.

Right now I simply export the photo and then use DxO Perspective. It is very intuitive to use and worth the money. I hope, it will soon be available as a photo editing extension, like the DxO OpticsPro for Photos extension.

User uploaded file

Jul 17, 2016 4:57 AM in response to sistermadilou

hi, you might have discovered a fix since it has been a few years. but I've noticed the same thing. HOWEVER OneNote when I'm taking photos of slides during presentations i can edit it on the fly cropping to each corner and it adjusts perspective for me when it inserts it into a note. Maybe have a play with that. not perfect. I used to use Photoshop elements for it but haven't had that since i bought into the apple franchise. Still looking for a decent photo editing app.

Can you correct skew or perspective with Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.