Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard randomly stops working and continues after reloading safari. Running El Captain

wireless keyboard randomly stops working and continues after reloading safari. Running El Captain. It has once done this using Word as well. On occasion when its stopped in safari it works in Word and then stops again. Is there a keyboard cache or something that needs resetting?Any help would be welcome.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2015 1:05 AM

If your wireless or USB keyboard doesn't work

Keyboard Doesn’t Work

Keyboard/Mouse – Troubleshooting Wireless

Reset an Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard, Mouse or Trackpad (Troubleshooting Pairing and Other Common Problems)

Bluetooth devices become unresponsive

Bluetooth Interference Sources

Bluetooth Interference Sources (2)

If your Wi-Fi is capable of generating a 5 GHz signal, try that.

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2015 1:09 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply. Interestingly i realised that i had not switched off this iMac for quite a long time (too long) and so i shut down and started it up and the problem seemed to resolve. However it was clear to be that some stack or rather was not being cleared and so your suggestion of NVRAM/PRAM was the right way to go. I have done as suggested and there has to date been no re-occurence of said problem. Thanks.

keyboard randomly stops working and continues after reloading safari. Running El Captain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.