Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad problems

I'm using an iMac running OSX 10.11.1 and have started to get problems with the (Bluetooth connected) Apple Trackpad. The cursor sometimes responds in a delayed or jerky fashion and sometimes does not respond at all - using a single finger or 'click'. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, replacing the batteries, without success. I've gone back to using a mouse because it is just too difficult using the trackpad. So far as I can see there is little discussion of this problem on the community site. has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks for any suggestions.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 12:08 PM

1 reply

Dec 6, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Clive Landa

Reset an Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard, Mouse or Trackpad (Troubleshooting Pairing and Other Common Problems)

Bluetooth devices become unresponsive

Bluetooth Interference Sources

Bluetooth Interference Sources (2)

If your Wi-Fi is capable of generating a 5 GHz signal, try that.

Trackpad or Magic Trackpad is jumpy or erratic

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Trackpad problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.