Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp 6 for installing and running Windows 7

The version of Boot Camp that windows update download is version 6, can it be used with a new install of Windows 7 which will then be updated to Windows 10?

MacBook Pro and iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 3:33 PM

No. Please use drivers available at Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support . BC6 drivers and W7 do not mix well.

W10 Upgrade can use BC6 drivers.

What year/model is your MBP?

7 replies

Dec 6, 2015 4:15 PM in response to Loner T

I have Mid 2012 MacBook Pro, I originally installed WIN 7 and used the current Windows Support Boot Camp and then upgraded to WIN 10. In WIN 10 they had a Boot Camp 6 upgrade which I ran, it hangs 2/3 into the install process at the Audio driver. I am unsuccessful to get past this Windows failure so I am formatting my win partition and starting over. I was hoping to just use this new Boot Camp 6 and then immediately upgrade to WIN 10. What do you think?

Dec 7, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Loner T

DO you think Apple will let us know when there is a working version of Bootcamp 6? Also, there was a post where you can run it and then rub the audio driver install separately and then tell the installer to skip it's faulty installer. Do you think it would be better to just wait for the flaw free installer?

Boot Camp 6 for installing and running Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.