Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty or incorrect battery meter on iPhone 6S

i just bought my iPhone 6S last Wednesday and I have bn observing that the battery indicator or meter is faulty. This morning I charged my iphone from 66% for about 45-55mins only for me to discovered that the battery meter increased from 66% to 69%. When I switched off the phone and on again, the battery meter moved to 88%. I wonder why this is happening to my iPhone 6S. Could it be that the iPhone is faulty or what?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 9:15 PM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2016 1:10 PM in response to Chummie

I have noticed a similar issue with my 6s. What happens to me is that I'll plug my phone in, leave it alone for awhile, and the percentage will seem to have barely changed, and then I'll set it down for about two minutes and the percentage will have increased significantly and is at where I expected it to be. It seems to me like this isn't something to worry about too much.

Faulty or incorrect battery meter on iPhone 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.