Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF files in iBooks

I contacted Apple support in October for assistance to date still had no reply, hopefully someone here can help?

I have 2 PDF files in my iTunes library part of 2 separate music albums containing various pictures and information, when I sync my iPad with iTunes the PDF files do not appear in iBooks, can anyone tell me how to do it or is it not possible?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 7:33 AM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Ujammie

Hi there e Ujammie,

It sounds like you are wanting to sync these PDFs to your iPad from your computer. These don't automatically, you need to select them to sync over through your iTunes application to your device:

iBooks: Viewing, syncing, saving, and printing PDFs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204365

Syncing and saving PDFs

To add PDFs to your iTunes library on your computer, drag and drop the PDF into your iTunes Book library. If you're using OS X Mavericks, drag and drop your PDFs into your iBooks library using iBooks for Mac.

To sync a PDF to iBooks on your device:

1. Select your iOS device. (Learn more about syncing your data with iTunes.)
  2. Click the Books tab.
  3. Select Sync Books.
  4. If iTunes is set to sync only selected books, select the checkbox next to the PDF you want to sync.
  5. Click Sync.

You can use iTunes to back up your PDF files so they will restore to your iOS device after you update or restore your software or transfer information to a different device. If you use iTunes 11 or later to sync your PDF files to iBooks on your iOS device, a backup of your PDF will be automatically created. A copy of the PDF will be added to your iTunes Books library, or iBooks library if you're using OS X Mavericks.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

PDF files in iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.