Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reading epub file on microsoft

i created a document using pages and inserted a video. looks great. sent a copy using epub. looks great. i use a mac and file opened automatically using iBooks. can the receiver of my email open the file if he doesn't have a mac or iBooks? If they don't have a mac or iBooks, what is the best way for the receiver to access the file? Thank you

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 7:46 AM

2 replies

May 19, 2016 10:06 PM in response to montana2us

traditional epub ( Text/Pictures ) will open in a variety of reading software like fbreader,calibre etc. which are available for all operating systems.

Epub3 ( interactive content ) is not so common and requires a special reader that is capable of displaying that content in the way the author had in mind . In my research to find such a reader I came across the free multiplatform reader named AZARDI that will do the job on Linux,non ibooks-cabable intel OSX ( pre 10.9.x ) and Windows. Of course it will also display older epub formats , too : http://azardi.infogridpacific.com/azardi-download.html

reading epub file on microsoft

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.