Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of Game Center, but Apple ID works elsewhere

Yesterday, out of nowhere, my iPad reported that my Apple ID was locked for security reasons. Oddly this lock seems to only apply to Game Center. Every other facility I could think of that uses it works fine. I tried going through the unlock procedure but apparently I can't remember the answer to one of my security questions (I find it an odd breach of normal security practices that it tells me how many I got wrong) and the password reset mail that is allegedly sent hasn't shown up. Yes, I did check junk/spam traps. Any thoughts?

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 11:32 AM

Hello bastion,

After reviewing your post, It sounds like the Apple ID is locked in only one service. I would recommend you read these articles, they may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

If your Apple ID is locked - Apple Support

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2015 11:32 AM in response to bastion

Hello bastion,

After reviewing your post, It sounds like the Apple ID is locked in only one service. I would recommend you read these articles, they may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

If your Apple ID is locked - Apple Support

Have a nice day.

Dec 8, 2015 2:33 PM in response to bastion

Hey bastion,

I understand that you did not receive the verification emails and you cannot reset the security answers. In this article there is one section that seems like it addresses the steps you have already taken.

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

Have a good one.

Locked out of Game Center, but Apple ID works elsewhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.