Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove an app from a device with profile manager?

I am using iOS 9.1 devices in conjunction with Apple Configurator 2.1 and Profile Manager 5.0.15. Configurator locks the iPads down and Profile Manager is used for distributing apps. We are assigning apps by device which is a great feature. However, when I remove an app from a device with Profile Manager, the app doesn't remove itself. Profile Manager does pull the licence back and I can redistribute the app to another iPad even though the app is still installed and usable on the first iPad.

Is this a bug? It seems like it should delete the app. If I remove the remote management profile from the device, it does remove the apps.

VPP

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 11:26 AM

8 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:49 AM in response to AESK8

Click the gear box then Remove Apps and select the app you wish to remove.

I initially did what you probably did which was select the app name then hit the "minus" key, which removed the app from the list, but did not delete it from the iPad, it just removed their license. Going through gear box and removing it actually deletes it from the iPad.

You may have already figured it out but I found this post without an answer after two months, and once I found the answer I thought I'd put it here.

How to remove an app from a device with profile manager?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.