Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send text to android from iwatch

I have been using apple since the 2E. I've loved all of their products and now own pretty much one of every idevice. I was ecstatic when apple released the info that your other idevices could send and receive texts to your android buddies (of which I have a lot). For a while it worked perfectly, but ever since the first update I haven't been able to send texts to my android buddies at all. Everytime I get the message "message failure". I have tried everything Google search turned up, but nothing. Anyone have a fix or work around?

Apple Watch Sport 38mm, watchOS 2.0.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Hi - try this:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages:

- Ensure that Send as SMS is enabled.

- Turn off iMessage at the top of the screen, pause for a few moments, then re-enable it.

It may also then help to restart both your iPhone and your watch. Turn both devices off together first, then restart your iPhone before restarting your watch:

- To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag it to turn off;

- To turn it on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Gwiibear

Hi - try this:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages:

- Ensure that Send as SMS is enabled.

- Turn off iMessage at the top of the screen, pause for a few moments, then re-enable it.

It may also then help to restart both your iPhone and your watch. Turn both devices off together first, then restart your iPhone before restarting your watch:

- To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag it to turn off;

- To turn it on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Can't send text to android from iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.