Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPoet

This question is for my son who inherited my eMac G3//he had a DSL cable modem installed yesterday and a program called MacPoet. I believe he is running OS 9.2. The computer looks like it is going to connect to the internet and then an error message pops up saying: "could not establish or maintain a PPPoE session."

Negotiation failed.
Error ID = 6

Does anyone have the answer for this? There is supposed to be an orange random light on the modem, but there is no light and also a light near the port on the computer, which is not there either??? Thanks so much for any help.
Cathy

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on Nov 16, 2006 8:42 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2006 10:57 AM in response to Catherine Carpenter

I should mention that this is the G3 I was refering to in my last post and I ended up taking it to a MAC dealer and he restored the OS and the hard drive to the tune of $50. I was, by the way, overwriting 32 times for security purposes, as I was planning to sell the computer and didn't want any info left on it ; )

I got so involved in trying to fix the hard drive and tried a firewire cable and tried to put the hard drive on my new computer, which I did, and restore it from there, but had no luck. Thanks for all the help on that one.

MacPoet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.