Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to sync address book with icloud

I have been using the Address Book on my MacBook to organise all of my contacts and put them into groups. Now I want to sync all of these groups with my iCloud so that I can access them from iCloud as well as on my MacBook. How do I do this? Whenever I enter my iCloud password in Address Book two errors come up. One says Server Not Found and the other says The account "iCloud" is offline. No syncronisation will take place with the server. Click this icon to change to "online". I have clicked the icon but nothing happens.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 4:56 AM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2015 11:38 AM in response to BelleCl

You can share Mail, Calendars, and Contacts running Snow Leopard. Based on my experience, I don’t recommend syncing Contacts - created a lot of problems with duplicates. If you have 2 step verification enabled on your Apple ID, you will need to generate an application specific password for Mail, iCal, and Address Book. Apple ID - Manage

Snow Leopard iCloud - Address and iCal

Snow Leopard iCloud – iCal

Snow Leopard iCloud - Configuring Mail with Mac OS X v10.6 or iOS 4

Trying to sync address book with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.