Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I export ePub from ibooks Author 2.4 using the ePub template I lose the viewing features in iBooks. I can not change the background color to sepia or night view and I can't change the fonts. The only option I have is zooming the text bigger.

OS X Yosemite

Version 10.10.5

iMac 27

iBooks Author 2.4

iBooks 1.2

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Apple tells you about the differences between ibooks and epubs here:

About ePubs created with iBooks Author - Apple Support

4 replies

Dec 18, 2015 12:07 PM in response to ChadMacMan1985

It would be great if the features were there. I have tired several different ways to make epubs and iBooksauthor is by far the best i've found. One other problem I've came across is that when I drop the epub file into epub checker it gives me an error that has to do with the iTunes Artwork. It never wold let me validate the epub file. Anyone else have this issue?

When I export ePub from ibooks Author 2.4 using the ePub template I lose the viewing features in iBooks. I can not change the background color to sepia or night view and I can't change the fonts. The only option I have is zooming the text bigger.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.