Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot post on discussion forum

Hi There,

I tried to fill all the information to the best of knowledge to start a new discussion.

Get a strange error while posting , it does not have any error message id or text .

What am I missing ?

User uploaded file

thanks

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 8:08 AM

8 replies

Dec 8, 2015 9:08 AM in response to appzenny

From what I gathered from your partial post, it looks as though your purchased a used MBP and you are trying to use your ID to download an OS? If so, you must erase the hard drive before you can install anything and the method depends upon which OS that MBP came with originally. The seller should have wiped the drive and reinstalled the original OS per the licensing agreement as any OS or app downloads from the app store are not transferable and are tied to the ID used to obtain them.

So, we need to know which OS was on it originally (model/year) and which OS is on it now.

Dec 8, 2015 6:58 PM in response to appzenny

so much for that... what words were you posting?

- there ARE filters at play here = 7 words you can't say on TV (+ more) replace letters with asterisks

"I like to bite my Tootsie Pop rather than s*** [s u c k] on it to get to the chewy Tootsie Roll center."

There are illegal characters that will create an error message for posting some "reports" - like crash reports or some test results from scripts folks ask to be run for troubleshooting

special characters - in context of filenames of images are a no no as well - some screenshot utilities use them - what is legal in the Finder is not necessarily legal for the internet

Cannot post on discussion forum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.