Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am locked out with a pin login screen.

iMac boots up to a screen that states "Enter your system lock PIN code to unlock this Mac. Your Mac locked. For Unlock write supappleid11@yahoo.com " I have attempted a safe boot with the same login in screen. I have also tried to option boot and rather than seeing the recover environment I see a padlock icon and password field. On both screens the mouse works but the keyboard will not type into either the password or pin fileds. I have used multiple keyboards and attempted to boot to a .iso on a usb. I'm not sure what eles to do? User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 8:41 AM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2015 9:02 AM in response to innocuouscog

The e-mail address is definitely not legitimate. A real address would be from apple.com not yahoo.com.

I wonder if this is actually a full screen Safari ransom ware page. Can you move your mouse pointer to the top of the screen and reveal the menu bar? If you can, force quit Safari, shut down and restart the Mac, and restart Safari while holding the Shift key until it is completely loaded. The Shift key will prevent previous pages and any plugins from loading in the browser.

Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

I am locked out with a pin login screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.