Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.2 removed all my Apple Music from my playlists in Music app

AAfter FINALLY getting the Music app and iTunes and Apple Music to work together in 9.1, it's all back to square one. Everything I've added to numerous playlists over the last 4.5 months from Apple Music is again gone. I've signed out of my Apple ID, nothing. iTunes signed me out of iCloud, resigned back in, iCloud "updated" in iTunes, nothing. Also all the tracks I had physically on my phone, are no longer physically on my phone. It's so tiring to have to constantly rebuild playlists again and again, first in 9.1 now in 9.2. Anyone else have this issue?

The bug report page doesnt even allow you to choose iOS 9.2 in the "What version of iOS are you using?"

I'm on an iPhone 6 and OS 10.9 using the latest version of iTunes.

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2015 5:21 PM

I can't find an edit button for my original post so.....

My phone has somehow reverted back to pre Apple Music and has removed all my playlists but a few. Even tho iTunes has both Show Apple Music and iCloud Music Llibrary checked my phone is trying to re-sync the playlists that used to be checked in the Sync Music tab before I subscribed to Apple Music. Can't seem to get it to realize iCloud even exists.

Also in iOS 9.2 Settings/Music iCloud Music Library keeps turning itself off. I turn it back on and choose Merge and it shuts itself off again. I've hard restarted my phone several times, restarted iTunes several times and rebooted my Mac. Nothing is working.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2015 5:21 PM in response to artgrrrl

I can't find an edit button for my original post so.....

My phone has somehow reverted back to pre Apple Music and has removed all my playlists but a few. Even tho iTunes has both Show Apple Music and iCloud Music Llibrary checked my phone is trying to re-sync the playlists that used to be checked in the Sync Music tab before I subscribed to Apple Music. Can't seem to get it to realize iCloud even exists.

Also in iOS 9.2 Settings/Music iCloud Music Library keeps turning itself off. I turn it back on and choose Merge and it shuts itself off again. I've hard restarted my phone several times, restarted iTunes several times and rebooted my Mac. Nothing is working.

Dec 8, 2015 9:33 PM in response to artgrrrl

I have the same issue since updating to iOS 9.2. I lost all of my playlist content that came from "Apple Music." The only music I see now in the playlists are music that lives on my iPhone. I turned off iCloud Music and turned it on, hoping to get back the music, but nothing.

Any help resolving this will be greatly appreciated. I hate to build these playlist from scratch. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2016 11:13 AM in response to Rahman.m

I have just experienced the same problem this week after updating to 9.2.1. The only music that remains on my device is music I purchased through iTunes, and it's all jumbled up so all the albums are intermingled.

As I understand it, the only thing I can do to resolve this situation is to try to sync my phone with my PC, which I haven't used since I swapped it for a Mac a year ago. I can only imagine how irritated I'd be if I didn't have that option.

Feb 27, 2016 12:23 AM in response to artgrrrl

About 24 hours ago I went to play a song from my music library and noticed that all of the music that was downloaded to my iPhone 6s running 0.2.1 (approximately 18gb) had disappeared. The iPhone was not plugged into a computer or updated between the time I last had music and the disappearance. This bug also seemed to wipe the downloaded podcasts from my phone. The music app no longer even shows up in the Manage Storage section. Restarting iPhone did nothing. Contacting apple support was unsuccessful. Please help me figure out how this much music could seemingly disappear from my phone?

Mar 2, 2016 8:19 AM in response to juliafromgeorgia

The same thing is happening to me. 2 nights ago, the software updated. My music and audio books were all gone. I had to manually sync my phone with my iMac so that my playlists and audiobooks were restored. This morning, I wanted to listen to a book, and they were all gone again. The only music on the phone are those purchased in Itunes.

Can anyone help??

iOS 9.2 removed all my Apple Music from my playlists in Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.